This is why Doug was able to advise, act and come up with building solutions for:
Doug understands your world, your problems. He understands construction and building law, building disputes and the legislation that impacts on the building industry and those in it.
He has a reputation for finding a resolution to even the most technical and contractually complex building disputes without commencing expensive and time consuming litigation.
He has high level negotiation skills, which results in fair, just, efficient and cost effective solutions.
This combination of practical real world experience and relevant legal knowledge gives Doug a unique understanding of your needs and enables him to get straight to work solving your problems.
- Doug never uses legal jargon and always write and speak in plain everyday English.
- He offers extended after hours consultation – he knows your availability does not always suit business hours.
- Mobile service – he will meet you wherever it is convenient – on the job – at your home or at your office.
He started as an apprentice chippy, is a tradesman, has been a subcontractor and ran his own successful building firm for over 20 years until, as a result of a building accident, he sustained permanent injury which regrettably prevented him from continuing as a builder. He looked for another way he could remain in the industry he loves. After a lifetime interest in the law he took up the challenge of studying law in his forties. With over 15 years in the legal profession he retains his passion for the industry and has helped hundreds to solve their legal problems.
- Bachelor of Laws (Queensland University of Technology)
- BSA Open Building Licence 23002
- Building Foreman and Clerk of Works Certificate (Honours)
- Carpentry and Joinery Trade Course Certificate(Honours)
- Oxy and Electric Welding Course Certificates
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Management Certificate